Advanced Technology Institute (ATI) is a privately-held student centered career institution offering Associate Degree, Diploma, and Certification in Automotive Technology, Diesel/Heavy Vehicle Technology, HVAC Technology, Maritime Welding Technology and Tractor Trailer Driving. ATI’s main campus is located in Virginia Beach, Virginia recruiting students from Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, and New England. For over 37 years ATI has been helping students acquire the skills they need to achieve their goals through a hands-on learning environment and helping organizations satisfy their needs by providing qualified graduates for employment. Growth at our campuses creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives. Visit us at www.auto.edu.
The Career Services Advisor works closely with ATI’s recent graduates, alumni and students to optimize their opportunities. Career Services Advisors provide career planning assistance to students and graduates to include training on interviewing skills, resume preparation and job search strategies. In addition to sourcing employment opportunities for graduates via campus recruiting, personal visits/phone calls to employers, events and direct referrals, Career Services Advisors actively seek and develop business partnerships with employers to establish an employment pipeline for ATI students and graduates.
• Provides one-on-one coaching to ATI graduates in all aspects of their job search including personal marketing, interview skills and resume writing.
• Participates and provides support in student-focused Career Services events and seminars.
• Collaborates with students and graduates to assist in implementing an effective strategy for their professional job search.
• Provides excellent customer service to students, graduates and employers.
• Initiates, develops and manages business partnerships with employers to establish career and networking opportunities for ATI recent graduates, alumni and current students.
• Actively and routinely seeks employer feedback and researches industry trends; builds and maintains strong relationships.
• Assists employers in the prescreening process and coordination of interviews.
• Coordinates employer visits, on-campus recruiting events, job fairs, networking events, and career development workshops.
Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• 2-3 years of related experience- recruiting, staffing, business to business sales, career coaching.
• Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
• Must be self-motivated, goal oriented and have a sense of urgency.
• Strong internet search and networking skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant timeline pressures.
• Ability to work independently, with a team, as well as with various constituents.
• Desire to help others be successful in finding employment.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
• Ability to serve as a role model for students and graduates.
• Ability to coach and provide guidance to students and graduates.
• Excellent customer service skills; to include the ability to effectively follow up and follow through.
• Ability to conduct business with attention to ethical considerations, ATI policies and procedures, employment law, and accreditation guidelines.
What does ATI have to offer?
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan.
ATI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.